Friday, October 2, 2009

Masquerade

the cure? or the cause?

how come i feel so down right now
thinking about these questions of how
the people around me and those i meet
are able to lie and stand on their feet
their words go by me oh so fast
but thinking to myself of the last
words that they say and if they're true
and thinking about what they do
when they go home to sleep at night
if they're really up for the fight
against the truth or the lies
their words aren't allowed to fly
because their masks cover their truth
of the actual person under the roof
underneath those clothes and acts
trying to be someone else in fact
because they dont allow themselves to be seen
of something so low and clean
compared to others that are cool
so they pretend to be more like a fool
these people around me just disgust me
why cant they just act free
of their insecurities
i feel like an outsider in a masquerade
i shall wait and see them fade
off into the shadows of lies and muck
to test out if i have some luck
of finding someone else like me
someone true and real as can be

Copyright: this = mine

No comments: